Postcards.

Late last year I took a trip to the beautiful city of Cambridge to visit the Scott Polar Research Institute. It was pretty magical. While there I took this photograph in the markets held in the centre of town. The square smelt of mulled wine and magic, my fingers were freezing off and I was trying to work out if I could get a huge wreath home on the train. 

I really love this photograph. Its not overly festive, but still captures Christmas in the UK. Cold, clear, beautiful. I wanted to get postcards made from it to send to my loved ones this season instead of generic post cards from the supermarket. Something a bit different. I love the medium of postcards and the thought that they might brighten the day of every postman between here and their destination, so it seemed like a great idea. 
I then thought why not offer these up to other people to send! So now in the shop this holiday season I have 5 packs of 8 Christmas postcards for sale. The backs of these (the "functional side") were designed by my good friend Morgan (my "in house designer" who also made my website logo for me!) and they are printed on gloss card in standard postcard size.
Each pack is hand-wrapped in brown paper, sealed with a small ice floe sticker. Lil' secret - that paper is baking paper. Its my new favourite thing in the world to wrap things in!
All prints from the shop go out with this little special touch now as well.

Postcards are available for purchase HERE.

And don't forget you only have until Sunday to enter the PRINT SWAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment