Carr vs Tanner (part 1)

A very long time ago my good friend Sarah and I discussed starting some kind of photography project together. We both shoot in very different styles, and thought it would be fun to do a film swap. She shot a roll of film in Sept/Oct last year, then gave the film to me to shoot over. We are both rather chuffed with the results!

We're going to make it a regular thing. Its really interesting seeing what comes out - we both shoot on totally different cameras (she is more of a lomo girl, I'm SLR all the way). I love Sarah's photographs, she captures stark, man made, symmetrical structures in such an interesting way, with so much thought and purpose - I took a day trip to Hackney City Farm and the Columbia Road Flower Market to try and contrast this with a bit of ny usual haphazard way of capturing life in action. Its an interesting contrast (and it was loads of fun!).

I'm thinking about getting prints of some of these I love them so much.
You can check out the full set HERE and Sarah on Flickr HERE.

8 comments:

  1. oh dianne, these are GORGEOUS! i can't even pick a favorite!

    you know what's funny? you have the same name as my husband's aunt, and i've never met another dianne tanner before, and now i find out we both have a good friend named sarah carr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, although when I read the title my first thought was 'oh she hasn't been run over again has she?'

    I'm glad you haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piglet! These are really lovely. They've come out beautifully. What a nice thing to do with a friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! If you fancy doing a wee film swap with me that'd be super awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So hard to pick, but I think the 4th is my favourite. Love it! These would look awesome as postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are stunning. They would look wonderful framed under glass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are REALLY beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! What a great idea - and a wonderful outcome!

    Greetings from Berlin!

    ReplyDelete